1. 213. 381. 3377 1. 213. 383. 5110

Q: How do I apply to Cal America?

A: First, you must complete this application form.

Download and print the application form here and mail, fax or email it to us after completing it as best you can.

Required documents:

  1. Application form
  2. Passport copy
  3. Financial support letter showing at least $16,500
  4. Along with these documents, you will also need to provide us with payment for the following fees:
  5. Application fee: $100
  6. Tuition deposit: $200
  7. SEVIS I-901 fee*: $200
  8. Express mailing fee**: $100

*You have the option of paying this fee directly, rather than having Cal America register you.
**If we will be mailing the documents to you.

Your application will be processed once we have received all the required documents and fees listed above.

You may use this credit card authorization form to make your payment: Visa/Mastercard Authorization Form

Click here for complete instructions on how to apply!

Q: What is a financial support document?

A: A financial support document is a letter issued by your bank or financial institute that shows there are sufficient funds available to cover your tuition and living expenses while you are in the United States.  The letter must include the full name of the account holder in English, the date the letter was issued, and it should include the amount in U.S. dollars.

Q: How do I send payments to Cal America?

A: Payments may be made to Cal America by credit card, check, money order or wire transfer.
For payments by credit card, please contact us at so that we can send you a credit card authorization form.

Please send payments by check and money order to:

Cal America Education Institute
440 Shatto Pl,
Los Angeles, CA 90020 USA

Q: What is the deadline for applying to Cal America?

A: Since Cal America has flexible start dates, there is no specific deadline for applying to study. However, please keep in mind that you should send your application, documents and fees as early as you can – we suggest at least 8 weeks prior to your intended start date.  This ensures that Cal America will have enough time to process your application and mail the I-20 to you with enough time for you to go through the student visa application process.

Q: How do I get an I-20?

A: First you must complete your application to Cal America by providing us with all the required documents and payments.  If you meet all of the qualifications for enrollment, we will issue you an I-20.

Q: Am I qualified to apply for an F-1 (student) visa if I choose to study at Cal America?

A: Of course!  You can submit the I-20 issued to you by Cal America to the American embassy in order to obtain a student visa. Cal America is authorized by the United States to issue I-20s to foreign students who will study as full time students (at least 18 hours per week) for a minimum of 12 weeks at our school.

Q: How do I apply for a student visa?

A: Generally, the embassy will require that you submit a passport, valid I-20 issued by a U.S. school, and financial support documents when you apply for a student visa. However, Cal America strongly suggests that you contact your local American embassy or consulate for further details and updated information. Keep in mind that processing time varies by country, so plan ahead and allow plenty of time.

Q: How do I transfer to Cal America?

A: First you must complete the application form.

Print the application form here.

and mail, fax or email it to us after you have completed it.

Fax: 1. 213. 383. 5110

Mail: ATTN: Admissions,
Cal America Education Institute.
440 Shatto Pl, 2nd FL
Los Angeles, CA 90020 USA

You may also come into the office and pick up the application form in person.  You will also need the Cal America transfer form to take back to your current school.

Required documents:

  1. Application form
  2. Transfer form
  3. Passport copy
  4. Financial support letter showing at least $4,000
  5. Along with these documents, you will also be required to pay the following fees:
    Application fee: $100
    Tuition deposit: $200

Click here for detailed steps

Q: Is housing available?

A: Cal America Education Institute does not provide any housing accommodation. The school does not have any dormitory facilities under its control. However, upon student’s request CAEI does make arrangements with a nearby student housing service provider. Students must request the housing placement service and pay the placement service fee in full when requesting the housing services to Cal America at least 4 weeks prior to the move-in date.

For more details, Click here!

Q: Can you pick me up at the airport?

A: We can arrange airport pick-up service for a one-time fee of $125.Requests for airport pick-up must be made at least 3 weeks prior to your arrival date.  Requests made less than 3 weeks in advance will be subject to additional fees.

Request an airport pick-up by filling out this form.

Then send it in with the rest of your paperwork!

Q: How long can I stay in the United States?

A: The U.S. government allows you to stay in the country as long as you are enrolled as a full-time student and making progress towards completing your course of study.  Once your course of study has been completed and you no longer intend to continue studying, you have 60 days to leave the country.

Q: What is the SEVIS I-901 fee?

A: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) collects the SEVIS I-901 fee to cover the costs of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). International students who are applying for student visas (F-1 visas) must pay this fee. The collected $200 fee is used to administer and maintain the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), support compliance activities, and establish SEVIS Liaison Officers to provide information and assistance to students and schools.
The payment of SEVIS I-901 fee will be recorded and tracked in SEVIS, the automated system for collecting, maintaining, and managing information about nonimmigrant student and exchange visitors in the United States.

Q:How do I pay the SEVIS I-901 fee?

A: The SEVIS I-901 fee must be paid after you receive your I-20 and at least 5 business days before going to the U.S. embassy or consulate for your visa interview.
The easiest way to pay this fee is to include the $200 fee in your payment to Cal America and we will take care of this for you.
Otherwise, the fastest and most convenient method to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee is pay by credit card through the online form
You can also pay the SEVIS I-901 fee through the mail* by sending a completed Form I-901 and a cashier’s check or international money order to the US immigration:

By Mail*:
I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
P.O. Box 970020
St. Louis, MO 63197-0020
United States

By Courier (to expedite delivery to SEVP):
I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101
United States
Phone Number: 1-314-418-8833 (United States Country Code 001)

* We do not recommend this method because it may delay your visa application.